Patios Plus understands that your purchase is an investment and investments of any kind need to be maintained in order to keep them in good condition and enjoyable for many years. Outdoor patio furniture endures a lot of wear and tear from the elements no matter where you live – rain or shine or even keeping your furniture put away in your garage for months can do damage over time without proper care.
Cushions Regular vacuuming once a week will help keep your cushions looking newer, longer! Hosing them once or twice a month will also add to their longevity.
- The most important thing to remember when taking a hose to cushions is to prop them up on their side and wait until the water runs clear
- Once they have been thoroughly cleaned, leave them on their side to dry, then flip them on their opposite side for the water to drain in order to avoid leaving water marks.
Slings & Frames Make sure to hose off sling furniture to remove any sand or dirt build up. Oils and Suntan lotions can cause fabric to burn in the sun so remember to use a towel. Frames can easily be brought back to life with a little Car Nuba car wax. Just remember that the water in the Greater Palm Springs area is hard and can cause calcium build up – to prevent this, be sure to wipe off water with a towel or clean it with 303 Patio Furniture Cleaner.
Teak is one of the most beautiful, high-quality woods manufactured today. Left to age naturally outside by being exposed to light, air and rain, teak will gradually change to a soft, silver-grey as the pigments in the surface layer of the wood slowly start to fade away. We recommend that you allow your teak furniture to weather naturally this way and simply clean thoroughly once or twice a year with our Gloster Teak Cleaner.
Woven Furniture is made from the highest quality man-made fiber with UV inhibitors backed into the material.
- To keep it clean from dust and dirty we recommend that woven furniture be regularly cleaned using a mild soap and water.
- It is important to use a non-foaming cleaner on woven furniture, as a foaming product will leave residue.
Aluminum Furniture Our outdoor aluminum furniture comes from the best in Aluminum Manufacturers in the industry – we guarantee strength and durability.
- Aluminum furniture should be cleaned periodically using mild soap and lukewarm water. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- For maximum protection against harmful ultraviolet exposure, we recommend a yearly application of a clear automobile wax.
Furniture Covers we recommend our high-quality outdoor furniture covers to keep your aluminum, woven or teak furniture outdoors and protected all year long.